Agents often need to perform a series of actions or tasks before moving a ticket to the next level. For example, for a ticket related to refunds, you may have to tag the ticket as Refund, assign the ticket to the Refunds group, and set the status of the ticket to Processing Refund.
Scenarios in Freshdesk let you perform a number of tasks with a single click, right from within a ticket. So each time you have a ticket on refunds, all you have to do is execute a scenario that has all the related actions.
A quick guide to creating a scenario:
Login to the helpdesk portal
Go to Admin > Agent Productivity > Scenario Automations
Click New Scenario
Enter an appropriate name and description for the scenario
Add the actions you want to perform as part of the scenario. Select the task and choose the corresponding action. For example, to set ticket priority to High, select Set Priority in the first dropdown and select High. You can add any number of actions
Select the availability. You can make it visible just for you, others agents, or others in your group
The list of created scenarios is displayed on the Scenarios page. You can edit or remove an existing entry by hovering over the option and choosing Edit or Delete. You can also replicate a scenario by clicking on the Clone button next to the scenario you wish to duplicate. For more on how your agents can execute and verify scenarios, click here.
As an admin, you can decide to provide permissions to your team to manage personal or shared scenarios using roles.
- Log in to Freshdesk and go to Admin > Roles and choose a role (for example, supervisor)
- Under Scenario Automation, you can change the permission to:
- Manage personal scenario automation:
- Agents can create only personal scenario automation and make it visible only to them.
- Execute scenarios created by others in the ticket but cannot manage (view, clone, modify or delete them).
- Manage shared scenarios automation
- Agents can create scenario automation and choose to make it personal or share it with others.
- View and manage scenarios created by others.
- Execute scenarios created by others in the ticket.
Note: Currently, this feature can be enabled only on request. To request this feature, reach out to email@example.com.