To set up Shared Ownership, you need to map internal groups to corresponding ticket statuses based on your workflow.
How to map internal groups to a ticket status
- Login to your support portal as an Admin.
- Go to Admin > Workflows > Ticket Fields > Status to view the list of all your ticket statuses.
- Excluding the four default status values - Open, Pending, Resolved and Closed - you can map each of the custom statuses created to a set of groups by entering them under Mapped Internal Groups.
How to set up Shared Ownership
For a new ticket:
- Click on the + icon next to your profile picture and then select the New Ticket option.
- Fill out the ticket form.
- While selecting a status, make sure to pick one to which the internal groups are mapped.
- The Assign to field corresponds to the primary group and primary agent of the ticket.
- Depending on the status, you can assign an internal group and agent from the list mapped to the status. The Assign to (internal) field corresponds to the 'Internal group' and 'Internal agent' of the ticket.
For an existing ticket:
- Under Ticket properties, choose a custom status that is mapped to the internal group to whom you’d like to assign the ticket.
- Under the Assign to (internal) field, select the respective internal group and internal agent from the dropdown list.
- Click on Update.
Click here to find out more about circumventing Automation rules that run on ticket updates that remove shared ownership.